Please read the following important information regarding changes to patient guidelines:
- Most appointments will now be by telephone, video consultation or online/eConsult via our website. After your initial assessment by telephone, practice staff will advise what is most appropriate for you.
- Remember this may be another service for example, self-care, dentist, community pharmacy or optician.
- Please do not come to the practice without an appointment, to help reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- Patients will only receive a face-to-face appointment when necessary for example, when a physical examination is needed, or if tests need to be carried out. Patients will be asked to wear a face covering.
- Measures will be in place to ensure safety and physical distancing for example, waiting in your car or outside in the garden prior to your appointment; one-way systems, hand sanitiser must be used and face coverings must be worn.
- Patients will be escorted to the relevant area for their consultation. Patients with reduced mobility may be seen in their car.
- Appointment systems will change to avoid queues. You will receive a precise time for your appointment. Please do not arrive early or late. Reception staff will advise you on the process. You can speak to reception through the window, left of the entrance and the dispensary has its own window accessible from the High Street.
- We understand that it can be frustrating not always being able to see your GP, or other healthcare professional, face-to-face. However, we all need to play our part in suppressing COVID-19 to keep ourselves and our communities safe.
- General practice and other community services have continued throughout COVID-19, but it is important to understand that we are not ‘restarting’ services as they were before, but ‘redesigning’ them in line with national guidance to keep all our patients safe.