The surgery is able to offer appointments with a health professional for:
- Childhood immunisations (Tuesday morning clinic, but other times can be arranged)
- Midwife (Wednesday afternoons)
- Minor ops
- Coil clinics
- Implant fittings
Our nurses do the following:
- Coil checks
- Well-woman and cervical smears
- Health checks and treatments
- Asthma – Annual review and medication review
- Diabetes – Annual review and medication review
- Annual health check for patients aged 75 and over
- Flu vaccinations
- Contraception advice
- Chronic Heart Disease – Annual review and medication review.
- Hypertension – Annual review and medication review
Other Services Maternity Medical Services
All the doctors provide antenatal and postnatal care and work closely with the midwifery service at the QEII Hospital and the Princess Alexandra Hospital.
The doctors perform a number of surgical procedures by appointment: cryotherapy for warts and verrucas, removal of cysts, lumps, ingrowing toenails, and perform cortisone joint injections.
Contraceptive Coil Fittings
These are performed at the surgery by Dr Clark or Dr Baldock.
These are carried out by all the doctors for a variety of purposes. Please check with our receptionists on the availability and cost. These items do not form part of the doctors ‘General Medical Services’ contract and therefore are completed in their own time. It is therefore difficult to determine how long they will take.