Monday-Friday: 8:30am-12pm, 2:30pm-6:30pm.
Requesting An Appointment?
You can make an appointment online, over the telephone or call in to the surgery during opening hours to make an appointment. We have routine appointments which can be booked up to four weeks in advance and also doctor telephone appointments which allow you to conveniently deal with issues without attending.
The doctors prefer to care for their own regular patients. Sometimes your own doctor may not be available but you will be offered an appointment with one of the other doctors. A routine appointment is for 10 minutes and is for one person and one problem. Please don’t save up several problems for one appointment. If you know you will need longer please ask for a double slot.
We also have an Urgent Care Centre which is based in Weleyn Garden city. It is a “walk-in” service available 24/7. We also have access to a minor injuries unit which is based in Cheshunt. This is a ‘walk-in’ service that is available 8am-8pmp every day of the week. If would like more information on what can be treated at this centre please see leaflets that are available from the surgery.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. If you are more than 15 minutes late you will be offered another appointment at a mutually agreed time.
- Please let us know if you cannot keep your appointment; we will then be able to offer it to another patient.
- If you fail to attend two or more appointments without advising us, then you may be asked to leave this practice and find another GP.
- If you are over 16 and have not been seen by a doctor in the last three years, you may be requested to see the nurse for a health check.
- Patients who come to the surgery and expect to be seen without an appointment will be offered the next available appointment and this will usually mean having to come back later. We are not a walk-in centre or an emergency unit.
If you have a problem that needs to be dealt with urgently then you can call the surgery at 8am and request an urgent appointment. You will be added to our triage list and will be called back within 2 hours with a time to attend the surgery the same day. You should be aware that the wait time for the urgent clinic can be very long, this is dependent on the number of patients asking to be seen urgently and the severity of the problem. If you are not a registered patient of the practice, and we are unable to assist you with your medical problem, the East and North Herts Primary Care Trust will be requested to provide you with the service or advise where you can be treated.
Non English Speaking Patients
Please make double appointments to see us and request a translator. Hailey View Surgery uses an effective telephone translation service in order for you to communicate effectively with a doctor or nurse.
Obtaining Telephone Advice
The nurses or doctors will be happy to deal with a medical problem via the telephone if you give the receptionist a brief summary of your problem and how to contact you. The receptionist will then book a telephone appointment in order for them to speak to you directly. Please be sure your telephone allows for incoming calls from a switchboard, otherwise we cannot be held responsible if we cannot contact you.